What is Kubernetes and the Google Container Engine?
Automating Jenkins server administration
- service-http - defined as a JSON file in the linked repository, allows HTTP requests to be routed to the correct port (8080) in the Jenkins master container’s firewall.
- service-slave - defined in the linked JSON file, allows slaves to connect to the Jenkins master over port 50000.
- The Kubernetes plugin is an open-source plugin, so it is available for download from the open-source update center or packaged as part of the CloudBees Jenkins Platform.
- Instructions on how to set up a Jenkins master in the Google Container Engine are available on GitHub.
- The Google Container Engine offers a free trial.
- The Google Container Registry is a free service.
- Other plugins complement and enhance the ways Docker can be used with Jenkins. Read more about their uses cases in these blogs:
- Docker Slaves with the CloudBees Jenkins Platform